Investor confidence is essential to the integrity of our capital markets. You will find information about our corporate governance policies provided here in order to assist you in developing or increasing confidence about your investment in Tandy Leather Factory, Inc. ("TLF"). These policies provide a framework for the proper operation of our company, consistent with our stockholders' best interests and the requirements of the law.
Ensuring that our financial results fairly reflect the results of our operations is of the utmost importance to this company and its management. At TLF, we have always been diligent in maintaining compliance with our established financial accounting policies, which are consistent with requirements of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and for reporting our results with objectivity and the highest degree of integrity. We are committed to providing financial information that is transparent, timely, complete, relevant and accurate.
We are also committed to diligently exercising our oversight responsibilities throughout the company, managing our operations consistent with the highest principles of business ethics and the corporate governance requirements of both federal law and the Nasdaq. The steps we have taken to fulfill this commitment include:
- A majority of our Board members are independent of TLF and its management
- All members of our key Board committees -- the Audit, Compensation and Nominating Committees -- are independent
- The independent members of our Board meet regularly without the presence of management
- We have a clear code of business conduct and ethics to ensure that Company matters are handled ethically and with integrity
- The charters of our Board committees clearly establish their respective roles and responsibilities
- We have a hotline available to all employees to facilitate anonymous reporting of any questionable activities directly to our Audit Committee
- We have adopted a code of ethics that applies to our senior financial officers, including our chief executive officer, chief financial officer, and controller
We are dedicated to ensuring that our high standards of financial accounting and reporting are maintained. TLF's culture demands integrity and an unyielding commitment to strong internal practices and policies. We have the highest confidence in our financial reporting, underlying system of internal controls and our people, who operate under the highest level of ethical standards. We will continue to evaluate best practices in corporate governance and incorporate those that are in the best interest of our stockholders.
Janet Carr, Chief Executive Officer